The PADI Assistant Instructor program provides PADI Divemasters, and those certified to leadership levels with other diver training organizations,with additional training as instructional assistants and dive educators. If you meet the above criteria then this program will build upon your abilities to organize and supervise dive activities, while concentrating on developing teaching skills. Through independent study, classroom sessions and practical application, candidates learn to construct effective teaching presentations and conduct PADI programs. To help you through the program, PADI has developed an array of learning tools such as the PADI Assistant Instructor Workbook.
To qualify for PADI Assistant Instructor training, you'll need to:
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or leadership level with another recreational diver training organization.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be in good physical condition for diving and submit a medical exam form signed by a physician prior to any in-water activities.
- Have been a certified diver for at least six months and have completed and logged at least 60 open water dives with experience in deep and navigation.
The PADI Assistant Instructor program consists of:
- Formal training in conducting PADI programs and experience programs.
- Independent study assignments.
- Practical application sessions.
- Written examination.
A PADI Assistant Instructor is qualified to:
- Present the academic elaboration for any PADI Diver course under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Conduct the skin diving skills segment of the PADI Open Water Diver course, Confined Water Dive Four under the direction of a PADI Instructor.
- Conduct open water surface skill evaluations during Open Water Diver course training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor.
- Independently teach the Project AWARE (non-diving) Specialty course.
- Independently teach the Project AWARE Coral Reef Conservation (non-diving) Specialty course.
- Independently conduct the Discover Scuba experience.
- Independently conduct PADI Seal Team Aqua-Missions.
- Teach and certify students in non-diving PADI Specialties after successful completion of a PADI Specialty Instructor Training course.
Upon successfully completing the PADI Assistant Instructor program, you will receive a certification card and wall certificate denoting this rating. You'll also become a member of PADI and receive benefits, including the ability to purchase professional liability insurance (which may be required to conduct some activities).
Dixie Divers of Deerfield Beach is a PADI 5 Star Dive Facility with our own training pool on the property, comfortable spacious classrooms, and our own dive boat (The Lady Go Diver). Offering you the best available training experience.
Dixie Divers is now offering lodging for out of town guest. Lodging is within walking distance of the beach, dive shop and the dive boat ( Lady Go Diver). For only $20.00 a person per day,(max two tenants). Please click here for more information.
Assistant Instructor Course: $899.00