If you're interested in technical diving, but haven't yet met the prerequisites for the PADI Tec 50 Diver course or PADI Tec 45 course, you can consider enrolling in the PADI Tec 40
course. It is the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver
course and consists of the first four dives. Because you can do one of
these dives in confined water (such as a swimming pool), many divers
start the Tec 40 courses in the winter months, ready to continue in open water when spring arrives.
You'll learn to
decompression software and dive computers to plan and make
decompression dives with no more than 10 minutes of total decompression
and not deeper than 40 metres/130 feet.
a single cylinder of decompression gas with up to 50 percent oxygen
(EANx50) to add conservatism to the required decompression.
Since it's part of the course, your PADI Tec 40 course training credits toward the PADI Tec 45 and Tec 50 courses.
The Scuba Gear You'll Use
You use recreational scuba equipment, with some minor additions to enhance your ability to deal with tec diving conditions.
The Learning Materials You'll Need
You'll use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak, which introduces you to
- tec diving lingo
- emergency procedures
- decompression and stage cylinder handling
- gas planning
The pak includes a manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate. The optional Equipment Set-up and Key Skills
video on DVD is a great tool to help you practice at home in between
your tec diving adventures. You'll continue to use the Tec Deep Diver
Crew-Pak through Tec 50.
- Be a PADI Deep Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, of which at least
- 10 dives must be on enriched air
- 12 dives must be deeper than 18 metres/60 feet
- 6 dives must be deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- Have a medical form signed by your physician
Dixie Divers of Deerfield Beach is a PADI 5
Star Dive Facility with our own training pool on the property,
comfortable spacious classrooms, and our own dive boat (The Lady Go
Diver). Offering you the best available training experience.
Divers is now offering lodging for out of town guest. Lodging is within
walking distance of the beach, dive shop and the dive boat ( Lady Go
Diver). For only $20.00 a person per day,(max twotenants).Please click here for more information.
The Tec 40 Class Price Includes:
Tec 40 Course Price is $495 plus books.
- All Scuba Cylinders needed for class activities
- Nitrox and Air fills for class activities
- Approximately 8 hours of class room lecture
- 1 Pool Session
- 4 Training Dives off our Boat